Working remotely brings many difficulties to video calls. But Microsoft Teams now lets you blur your background to avoid those awkward disturbances. Now you can disguise your room with the new blur feature by Microsoft? The newly added feature will be very helpful for people who do not work from an office. Follow the guide and know how to operate the blurred background on Microsoft Teams.
Switch on blur background before the Microsoft Teams meeting:
Microsoft team has now featured the option to video calls without much distraction or any hustle and bustle in the background. No matter the situation, many users will now be able to conduct important meetings without worrying about what is going on around them. To change the background appearance in your video you can either blur your background or replace it with any image you choose. Check the steps below.
- Open Microsoft Team and go to Background Filters: Below the video image
- On the display that appears on the right side: Select blur
- By clicking the Blur option you will able to blur your background
- While everything is blur you will be focus on the screen
- You can also go to Add new and replace the background with a new image you select
- You can also disable the effect by clicking on the stop icon
Switch on blur background during the meeting:
Microsoft teams let you connect face-to-face video chat remotely through video calls with options in groups also. The video calling service from Microsoft is now used widely for remote work. And at times the meeting schedule on Microsoft Teams can get unexpected disturbances in the background or somewhere farther, but still be visible on the screen. To be safe from such incomings, Microsoft has revealed this new option of blur background during the video call as well. Follow the guide and enable the feature on your Microsoft Teams.
- During the meeting check the screen for the ellipsis icon: The three-dot icon
- And go to show background effects
- Now you can choose a background from the sidebar that appears on the left side of the screen
- You have two options: Blur your background or use a custom image
- Select the blur you background to blur
- Or you can choose an image also by visiting the Add new option
- And to stop the effect you click on the stop icon
Read also: How to blur the background on Google Meet?
The process of changing the background is the same whether you are hosting the meeting or participating in it. And for some please note, Linux OS users will not be able to use this feature. Also, background effects will not be allowed on optimised virtual Desktop infrastructure (VDI).
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.