Google Chrome has been the best browser choice for browsing the internet. Google Chrome’s natural choice of a search engine is Google, but you also have the option to change the default search engine. The web browser is ideal for many internet users whether you are using a smartphone or a computer, you always have the option to change the default browser. Look at the guide below for know-how.
How to change on the Computer: Windows or Mac
Google Chrome is developed by Google, but it does not necessarily mean you have to use Google’s search engine. There are many options to choose from to make your default search engine in Google Chrome. Yahoo, Bing, and DuckDuckGO are some of the options. Even if you are using Google Chrome on any platform Windows 10, Linux, Android, or IOS the browser still permits you to change the default search engine according to your preference. Here are the steps to change the default search engine in Google Chrome.
- Open your computer: Windows or Mac
- And open the Google Chrome application
- Now find the vertical three-dot on the top right corner
- From the drop-down menu select settings
- And from the left panel option: Find Search engine
- Click Search engine and go to manage search engine
- Now from the option of search engine select your preference
- After selecting click on the three-dot menu
- And choose to make default
- If Google search engine is not available on the options list you can use the Add option on the top right corner.
- When the search engine page pops up enter google.com and add
- And make Google your default search engine
How to change on mobile devices
On a smartphone using Google Chrome is often misled to think Google is the only search engine option. Google services are integrated very much on a smartphone but there are options to change the default search engine according to what search engine you want. Here are the steps you can take to change the default setting on your smartphone.
- Open the Google Chrome app on your smartphone
- Now go to the vertical three-dot option
- Click on the setting by going down the page
- On the search engine option input the search engine you want
- Now using the blue colour input the default search engine provided on the list
You can also use the Advanced option to set Google Chrome as the default browser for Apps on your phones.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.