Apple may have disintegrated iTunes into three separate apps, but the company has confirmed to a technology website that no changes will be made to the service on the Windows platform.
While iTunes on iPhones, iPads, iPods or other iOS-based smart devices has been split into Music, Podcasts, and TV, the service will continue to work in the same way on Windows, according to Ars Technica.
To make iTunes run on Windows 10 OS, you need to authorize your account. Here we are listing down the ways by which you can authorize and de-authorize a PC running on Windows 10 or macOS:
How to authorize iTunes on Windows 10:
- First, you need to download the iTunes application for Windows 10. The app comes in 32-bit and 64-bit variant so you will have to download according to your PC type.
- Then, sign in or sign up using your Apple ID.
- Then, go to Account on the menu bar or press Ctrl+B from the keyboard.
- Then, select Authorizations and then select Authorize this computer.
- After that you need to enter your password and click the Authorize. This will authorize the computer to use iTunes on it.
How to deauthorize iTunes on Windows 10:
- Deauthorizing the iTunes is also a simple task. First, you need to open iTunes and then sign in using your Apple ID which you used during authorizing the PC.
- Then you need to go to Account or press Ctrl+B from the keyboard.
- After that, go to Authorizations and then click on Deauthorize this Computer.
- After that, enter your password and the press the Deauthorize. The Windows 10 running PC will be deauthorized.
For those unaware, Apple iTunes now exists as three different apps. The company announced at its WWDC 2019 event that going forward, the iTunes app will exist as Music, Podcasts, and TV apps. This change has been a long-awaited one.
While iTunes is working as it was on Windows, there is no word on till when this will remain intact. It is highly unlikely that Apple will just leave one platform with the older version of iTunes, especially considering that scores of users find it very problematic to use iTunes.
However, if you were having trouble authorizing or deauthorizing the service on Windows, now you know how to go about it, although there is no guarantee till when this will come handy.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.