If you have recently made the switch to an iPhone, you would know that Whatsapp did not let you transfer its data from Android to iOS. However, that is now set to change. Mark Zuckerberg on Tuesday announced on his Facebook post that you can now migrate your WhatsApp data from Android to iOS. The option to transfer data from iPhone to Android had been rolled out last year. This was one of the most requested features by WhatsApp users. Today, we show you how to carry on with your Whatsapp experience seamlessly between the platforms. Following these easy steps, you’ll be able to transfer your WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone without using a PC.
Firstly, you need to ensure that these pre-requisites are met
- Make sure you have iOS 15.5 installed on your iPhone and Android 5 on your Android device.
- Move to iOS app installed on your Android device.
- Your iPhone must be installed with WhatsApp version 126.96.36.199 or higher.
- Your Android device must be installed with Whatsapp version 188.8.131.52 or higher.
- Your phone number across both devices needs to be the same.
- Your iPhone must be reset to factory settings in order to pair with the Move to iOS app. If you’re using a new iPhone, you can ignore this instruction.
- Both devices must be connected to a power source.
- Both devices must be connected to the same WiFi network. If that isn’t possible, connect your Android device to the iPhone’s hotspot.
Now, follow these easy steps to migrate your WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone
Step 1: Open the Move to iOS app on your Android smartphone.
Step 2: Your iPhone will display a code. Enter this code to your Android device when you are prompted to do so.
Step 3: Press Continue and follow the prompts that come up on the screen.
Step 4: Select WhatsApp on the transfer data screen.
Step 5: Press START on your Android device and wait as Whatsapp prepares data to export to your iPhone. Once the data is prepared, you will be signed out of WhatsApp on your Android device.
Step 6: Press NEXT and return to the Move to iOS app
Step 7: Press CONTINUE to transfer the data prepared by Whatsapp from your Android device to the iPhone. Wait until the transfer is complete.
Step 8: Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and login using your phone number. Make sure it is the same phone number as your previous device.
Step 9: Press START on your iPhone in order to finish the process.
Step 10: Activate WhatsApp on your iPhone. You will find all data restored there.
This process will allow you to transfer your WhatsApp chat history, images, videos, and voice notes between the two platforms, while still preserving end-to-end encryption. However, WhatsApp does not allow call history to be transferred yet. Peer-to-peer payment cannot be transferred either.
Make sure you create an iCloud backup on your iPhone in order to preserve your WhatsApp data and transfer it to another device in the future. Meanwhile, your Android device will still hold the data that you’ve just transferred.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.