Netflix is one among the most popular video streaming platform today and its vast library of content manages to attract new users by the day. Another key reason why it is so popular is that it can be watched across multiple devices including TVs, PCs, tablets, laptops, and even on smartphones. However, most people enjoy watching their favourite content on big-screens and preferably at their own homes. This may be the reason why so many people stay glued to their TVs in their living room watching shows on Netflix. Now, catering to this audience, the company has today released a list of ‘Netflix Recommended TVs’. As the name suggests, this is basically a list of televisions that the company recommends for the best possible viewing experience.
According to Netflix, a TV has to fulfill seven of its criteria to be in its recommended list. The criteria include:
- The TV should be able to power on instantly.
- It should be able to remember where the subscriber had last left off.
- The TV should launch the app quickly
- There should also be a Netflix button on the TV’s remote control
- The TV should have a UI from which the user can easily access Netflix icon.
- The TV should also have the latest version of the app and a high-resolution Netflix interface.
- The TV should have the ‘Always Fresh’ feature that updates the Netflix app in the background of that new content can be seen on the app’s home page.
Now, let’s finally talk about the list of televisions that have received the Netflix Recommended TV badge. The list includes three main TV brands – Sony, Samsung and Panasonic. Take a look:
- Sony Bravia A9G
- Sony Bravia X9500G
- Sony Bravia X9507G
- Sony Bravia X8550G
- Sony Bravia X8500G
- Sony Bravia X8507G
- Sony Bravia X8577G
- Panasonic GX900
- Panasonic GX800
- Panasonic GX750
- Panasonic GX740
- Panasonic GX700
- Samsung Q900R
- Samsung Q90R
- Samsung Q80R
- Samsung Q75R
- Samsung Q70R
- Samsung Q60R
- The Frame (2019)
- Samsung RU8000
It should be noted that the list of TVs released by Netflix is a global list. The list includes certain TVs which are available in India but some of them have not been launched in the country yet.
The streaming service states that, if the TV has the “Netflix Recommended TV” logo on it then it means that the device has passed certain testing to make sure that it offers great performance to the users and is easy to access the app along with other services.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.