WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging apps and to improve its user experience the company keeps on coming up with new features and up-gradation to the app. One of such latest updates which the popular messaging app is getting now is WhatsApp Carts. This new feature is letting users browse a catalogue and letting them order multiple products from a business easily while also letting businesses such as restaurants and clothing stores to engage with customers.
“Starting today, we’re excited to bring carts to WhatsApp. Carts are great when messaging businesses that typically sell multiple items at once, like a local restaurant or clothing store. With carts, people can browse a catalog, select multiple products and send the order as one message to the business. This will make it simpler for businesses to keep track of order inquiries, manage requests from customers and close sales,” while announcing the feature the company in its blog post said.
WhatsApp Carts is the latest addition by the social media app to its platform. The new shopping cart feature will allow buying as well as selling products to a large number of customers as it has more than 2 billion of user base across the globe. In addition to this, the feature will also make buying and selling easier as the buyers can easily track their orders.
According to the company, this feature is a convenient way to understand what the customer is ordering without all the back and forth communication. The customers can easily through catalogues and select items to be ordered in a message. So when the customer is visiting a business’ catalog on WhatsApp, they can start off by using the Message Business to begin conversations and then using the Add to Cart button if you want to place an order with the business about a product that you’re viewing.
How to use WhatsApp Carts and how to shop through WhatsApp using the feature
- Open WhatsApp on your device.
- Go to your chat or business profile of the business you’d like to order from.
- Then tap on the shopping button icon listed next to their name to access their catalog.
- After that browse through the products you’d like to order.
- Tap on the product you like.
- Tap ADD TO CART on a product if you’d like to order. Besides this, you can also tap MESSAGE BUSINESS if you have any queries related to the product.
- If you like to edit your cart tap on the VIEW CART option and see all the products added to your cart.
- Tap on ADD MORE if you’d like to navigate back to the catalog to continue adding more products.
- You can also edit the quantity for each product added to your cart.
How to Place an order
Once you are done updating your card you can send it to the seller as a WhatsApp message. When the message is sent you would now be able to view your order details by tapping on the VIEW CART button in your chat window with the seller. It should be noted that one can also edit the message before sending your cart to the seller. In addition to this if you wish to enquire about multiple items listed in a seller’s catalog, you can add all of them to your cart and send your inquiry in a single message. An order isn’t final until confirmed by the seller.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.