Remembering the birthdays of your friends and relatives can be a challenging task. In a fast-moving world, everyone is busy with their lifestyle. As a result, forgetting to wish people on their birthdays is likely. However, Google Calendar enables you to set reminders so that you never miss wishing your friends and relatives on their birthdays.
Google Calendar is an application available for Android as well as iOS devices. This application offers the following features.
- You may view the calendar in different modes like a month, week and day.
- You may add events from Gmail such as restaurant reservations, flights, and hotel bookings.
- You may add events related to your video conferencing to your calendar.
- Due to integration with iCloud and Google Drive, you can all your schedules in one place in a few steps.
- Google Calendar application is integrated with Apple Health so that you can easily mark your workout goals.
Download Google Calendar from the Play Store.
How can you add a birthday to Google Calendar using your contact list?
To add a birthday to Google Calendar through your contacts, follow these steps:
- Launch the Contacts app and choose the contact for which you wish to add a birthday.
- Tap Edit contact and select More fields located at the bottom.
- Scroll down and look for the field for the birthday.
- Tap the date field to choose the date and tap Save.
- Now launch the Google Calendar application.
- You’ll find the birthday as soon as the Calendar syncs with the Contacts application.
- You may also do it manually by tapping the three dots located at the upper right corner and then choosing Refresh.
How can you add a birthday to Google Calendar as a repeat reminder?
To add a birthday to Google Calendar as a repeatable reminder, follow these steps.
- Launch the Calendar application and tap the plus icon located at the bottom-right corner
- You will get three options, namely, Goal, Reminder, Task, and Event. Tap the Reminder option.
- In the text field that says, “Remind me to…”, add a note such as “ABC’s Birthday” and choose the date from the calendar.
- Tap Does not repeat and choose Every year.
- Tap the Save button located at the top-right corner.
You’ll get the reminder on the selected date every year. You may also add the reminder using Google Assistant. You just need to say, “Okay, Google, remind me about ABC’s birthday on [Date]”. Just like the above process, select Does not repeat and then tap Every year.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.