Having to download at high speed from the internet is one thing everyone wants and needs. The first thing that is needed for a faster download is better internet bandwidth of course, but there are other ways as well for faster internet. The following is the guide to increase the download speed in your Google Chrome browser.
Using Google DNS:
DNS means Domain Name System, which turns the website’s readable domain name to machine number readable IP address. And this might not be the optimal solution but using DNS for download might help in increasing the download speed. Using a third-party DNS address will help you get a better download speed. To make the DNS settings in your Google Chrome browser follow the steps below.
- Using the search box on the left bottom corner open the Control panel
- Select Network and Internet>Network and Sharing center>Change adapter settings
- Right-click for Properties> Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)>Properties
- Select Advanced>DNS tab
- And click on Use the following DNS server address
- Replace the website address with the IP address from the DNS server
Check if Prefetch is on:
Prefetch is the network action prediction and it is used to open the web page faster. If you use the prefetch settings you can increase the download speed in the Google Chrome browser. When the prefetch settings are on the web pages on Chrome browser can load faster and better and can help with your download. Follow the steps below for the settings.
- Open Chrome browser and go to settings for the top right corner menu
- Select settings from the drop-down page
- Go to Privacy and Security
- Now select Cookies and other site data
- And turn on the “Preload pages” and experience faster browsing and downloading
Parallel downloading flag:
Another option to increase download speed on your Google Chrome browser is by enabling “Parallel download”. The parallel download flag settings can be enabled by following the steps below.
- On your Google browser open a new window and in the address bar on the top type “chrome://flags”
- The Experiment window page will open up and on the search box you can type “parallel downloading
- And from the drop-down opting use the pointer and select enabled
- Now relaunch as soon as it appears
- Relaunch the Chrome browser
Download Turbo download manager extension:
The turbo download manager extension can be easily installed from the Chrome extension. And the extension functions are to stop, pause, or resume multiple downloads in the Chrome browser. Adding turbo download can solve the download speed problem in Google Chrome and increase the speed, too. The extension can also extract audio from video, and help save images from websites. Below are the steps to add turbo download manager on Chrome browser.
- Go to More tools>extension from the drop-down page
- Find the three horizontal line on the left top corner
- Open Chrome Web store>Search Turbo Download Manager on the search box
- Add to Chrome
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.