Facebook announced the ‘Live Rooms’ feature on Instagram allowing users to go live with up to three people. Earlier, you could add only one person to the live stream. This new feature is expected to be available worldwide in the coming weeks.
According to Facebook, “We hope that doubling up on Live will open up more creative opportunities – start a talk show, host a jam session or co-create with other artists, host more engaging Q&As or tutorials with your following, or just hang out with more of your friends”.
How to create an Instagram Live Room?
To launch a Live Room, you just need to swipe left and choose the Live camera option. Give a title and tap the Rooms icon to include your guests. You will also find people who have sent you the request to go live with you.
Facebook said, “you could start with two guests, and add a surprise guest as the third participant later! Going live with multiple guests is a great way to increase your reach, as guests’ followers can also be notified”.
What are the features of Instagram’s Live Rooms?
Live Rooms allows the viewers to buy badges for their hosts and enjoy some interactive utilities like Shopping and Live Fundraisers.
Facebook added, “We’re also exploring more interactive tools such as offering moderator controls and audio features that will be available in the coming months”.
When you launch a Live Room, you will be visible at the top of the display once you have added your guests. Instagram allows you to add up to three guests simultaneously. Guests that are blocked by any of the hosts in the Live Room will not be able to attend the live stream.
According to Facebook, “Guests who have had live access revoked because of violations of our Community Guidelines also won’t be able to join a Live Room”.
What will be the benefits of Instagram’s Live Rooms feature?
Social media has already transformed many business and marketing models. the new feature is expected to expand the reach of people in the following ways.
1) Facebook hopes that the Live Rooms feature will offer more opportunities to creators for live broadcasting. They will be able to have the benefit of live talk shows, interviews, jam sessions, and live shopping experiences.
2) Besides live-streaming with more people, the new feature will incentivise content creators to earn more money.
3) The guests can use the Live Rooms to purchase badges to support their hosts.
4) The new feature would boost the app engagement as more people will go live simultaneously.
5) Going live with more people indicates that the rooms could draw a larger number of people and broader sharing of ideas.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.