WhatsApp has become one of the most reliable messaging apps available on all app stores. The app keeps updating new features to give the user a better experience. One of the best updates so far is the settings to control who can add you to WhatsApp groups. This can be really convenient for those groups you want to avoid and for those who want more privacy. Follow the below steps.
Enable the Privacy setting on your Android phone:
Before enabling the settings to stop people from adding you to WhatsApp groups you have to make sure your phone has the following update. The WhatsApp app has to be updated to the latest version of 2.19.308 or higher. If you have updated to this latest version it is easy to limit the groups who can add you. Follow the steps to enable the settings.
- Download the app if you have not or open it if you have downloaded it
- On the homepage click on the vertical three-dot for options
- Now go to Settings
- And select Privacy
- You have to press on Groups
- On the Groups page, three options are given: Everyone, My contacts, Nobody.
- Choose any of the options by clicking on the circle icon next to the option on the left
- And if you choose the option Nobody then the admin of the group will have sent you a private invitation for you to join the group
How to use the Privacy settings on iPhone:
Before you enable the privacy settings and limit the contacts of who can add you to the WhatsApp group you have to update the app first. Make sure you have updated the app to the latest version of 2.19.112 or higher. If you are sick of strangers or people you barely keep adding you on WhatsApp groups this setting is the best option available. Here are the steps to make the settings on the iPhone.
- Open the app on your iPhone
- And go to the setting by clicking the gear icon on the right bottom corner
- From the setting page tap on Privacy
- And select groups from the list
- When you have a tap on groups three options will appear on the screen: Everyone, My contacts, Nobody
- You can choose My contacts or Nobody
- If you click on Nobody the person who wants to add you to a group has to send you a private invitation link for you to join the group.
- And you can decide if you want to join the group or not
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.