No matter how many privacy laws Facebook violates, it still remains one of the most widely used social networks worldwide. And you never know what you might find or who you might interact with on the platform even if they are added to your friend list. Every once a while you would come across some page or user who doesn’t follow the safety and privacy rules and regulations of the platform. You may want to hide it from appearing again from your timeline. There are also users who stalk you too much online or do something unpleasant or annoying. When that happens, Facebook has options to Report or Block someone (user or page).
Read on to find out how you can block and report someone on Facebook:
Table of Contents
How to block someone on the Facebook website
- Go to the profile of the user you want to block.
- Tap the three horizontal dots on the right side of the profile.
- From the list, select ‘Block’.
- You will be asked to confirm if you want to block the user. Click on ‘Confirm’ to block the user.
- The user will be blocked and won’t be able to see or message you on Facebook.
How to block someone on the Facebook app
- Go to the user’s profile you want to block.
- Tap on ‘More’.
- At the bottom of the menu, there is the ‘Block’ option. Tap on it.
- You will be asked to confirm if you want to block the user.
- Tap on ‘Block’.
How to report someone on the Facebook website
- To report someone, go to the user’s profile.
- On the right side, you will see the three dots horizontal icon. Click on it.
- Once clicked, a menu will open. Click on the ‘Give Feedback or Report this profile’.
- You will be asked why do you want to report the user or page. Give the reason from the mentioned options of your reporting.
- Once done, click on ‘Send’. Your report will be sent to Facebook.
How to report someone on Facebook app
- Go to the user’s profile you want to report.
- Tap on the ‘More’ option below the profile picture. A menu will open up.
- From the menu, tap on ‘Give feedback or report this profile’.
- Once done, you will be taken to a page asking the reason you want to report the profile/ user/ page.
- Choose your reason for reporting and click on ‘Send’. Your report will be sent to Facebook.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.