Apple has released the watchOS 8 public beta for your Apple Watch and you can be a public beta tester. All you need to do is sign up for Apple’s beta program and you can use the beta version of watchOS 8 on your Apple watch. If you have an iPhone with iOS 15 you can pair the iPhone with the Apple watch and install the public beta version.
Remember: The watchOS 8 public beta can only be downloaded and installed using the iOS 15 beta. But as with every beta, there is a high risk of running into bugs and similar issues. And also once you have installed watchOS 8 you cannot roll back to the watchOS 7. So be careful and keep this in mind when you make the choice.
Read more: How to download and install watchOS 7.4 beta 5 on your Apple Watch?
The watchOS 8 public beta version is now available for Apple Watch Series 3, 4, 5, 6, and SE devices. This beta version of the WatchOS 8 releasing later this year has some exciting features like respiratory sleep, tracking, new workouts mode, and multi-timer support. And also a bunch of new changes to different series of Apple watches including Photos which will have support for memories, highlights, and images that can now be shared from iMessage and mail. New AirTag tracking support labeled as FindMy. New feature to Apple Music where you can now share music on messages. And also pretty cool weather prediction notifications.
Read also: Android 12 Beta 1 now available for download: These are the compatible devices
Steps to install watchOS public beta:
- Using an iPhone which has iOS 15>Search the website for Apple’s public beta website.
- From the top left corner>Click two-line icon>Sign in.
- Choose Downloads from the two-line icon.
- Scroll down and select Install profile>Next to watchOS beta.
- When Allow pops out click on it>Hit close.
- Now go to settings on your device>Find Profile download.
- Click install on the top right corner>Enter passcode if prompted.
- Carefully read the consent agreement>Tap install two more times.
- Restart your iPhone when required to make the changes complete.
- Now open the Apple Watch app and go to General>Software update.
- You can see watchOS 8 available>Download and install.
The software update will be downloaded to your Apple Watch from the iPhone. And in order to finish the installation, you have to make sure the Apple Watch is plugged into its charger and your iPhone has 50% or more charge with a Wi-Fi-connected. And as soon as the public beta version has completed installing you will be able to completely test the watchOS 8 public beta.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.