Facebook has become the most popular social networking website ever. The users of Facebook range from children to the elderly. It is almost like the word “Social” is created by Facebook. Some socially awkward users like to browse the site offline. Check out the guide below to go offline and not let anyone know you are there.
On the Facebook website
Even though it holds the word “Social” that is closely associated while browsing Facebook there are instances that we want to use it offline. For example, you want to quickly check your notifications and the message but seeing you come online might attract those friends to who you do not want to reply. It takes you to a situation where it only creates hurdles for yourself. Why don’t you avoid those situational encounters and go incognito? Here are the easy steps you can follow:
- First, open Facebook.com on your browser
- Log in with your Username and Password
- Once you open the page: go to the messenger(message)
- On the right side of the screen: Click the three-dot icon
- It will take you to chat settings
- Click on the turn off the active status option
- It will make you active status page
- Choose from: turn off active status for all contacts, all contacts except, and for only some contact
- Now click OK
On the Facebook app
Facebook has unbelievable millions of users. And maybe a hundred or thousand people who are your friends on the platform. Facebook recently introduced the green icon to let the users know who is online and who is not. Many consider it advantageous and many do not. For those who value privacy by browsing Facebook without the green icon, the popular social network allows you to turn it off in a few simple steps. Facebook also allows you to turn it off for those who use the Facebook app. On the app, you need to turn it off on the messenger app with some simple steps. Turning the green icon and going offline on the app is easy and simple. Please follow the steps below.
- Open Facebook Messenger app
- Sign in with your Facebook username and password
- Go to Profile: on the top left corner
- Scroll down to the active status
- Toggle the Show when you’re active: off
- Click turn off
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.