Micromax launched its new smartphone IN 1 on March 19, 2021. The company boasts the smartphone as “India Ka Naya Blockbuster” i.e. it’s a smartphone designed for a self-reliant India. The launch event had been eagerly awaited by smartphone enthusiasts. Let’s find out if this smartphone can dominate other players in the price segment.
Table of Contents
What are the features of the new Micromax IN 1?
Micromax is renowned for offering awesome features at an affordable price. Here is a crisp breakdown of individual functionalities.
1) Camera: You get a 48MP triple rear camera setup (a 48MP primary lens, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro lens). The rear camera comes integrated with Artificial Intelligence that will give new dimensions to photography and video capturing. The IN 1 is the only smartphone in this price range to offer a Night-mode on both the front and rear cameras.
2) Display: This is with an elegant 6.67inch FHD+ with the selfie camera embedding in the punch-hole in the screen. You get a full 80degree viewing angle with 440 NITS of brightness.
3) Processor: The new IN 1 offers the powerful MediaTek Helio G80 processor. The Arm Mali-G52 class GPU with a peak speed of 950MHz is expected to make this smartphone quite popular among budget gamers.
4) Battery: The 5,000mAh battery installed in the new IN 1 is 100% Made in India. The battery can easily last up to 2 days once fully charged. You get an 18W fast charger so that you don’t have to wait for too long for music streaming and web browsing.
5) Design: The new IN1 looks more expensive than it is, owing to its elegant design. With merely 9mm thickness, it comes with a metallic finish and a unique X Pattern. The matte finish and Oleophobic coating protect it from fingerprint smudges
6) Connectivity: The IN 1 is a 4G smartphone supporting the latest Bluetooth V5.0 for efficient data transfer. You get Dual VoWi-Fi, Dual VoLTE and Dual Wi-Fi (2.4GHz/5GHz) features.
The device runs a Pure Android OS i.e., you will not get the skin, bloatware, and irritating advertisements. In a nutshell, the smartphone offers high performance and sleek design.
According to Rahul Sharma, Co-Founder, Micromax India,
“The IN 1 is inspired by the Indian cinema, and just like a superhit movie, we have tried to incorporate the best-in-class technology and great features to give you a seamless, safe and delightful experience. From the processor to the display, camera and battery, we have worked hard to incorporate all key features to make it a true blockbuster. We immensely value the feedback we receive from our consumers, which is why IN 1 brings to you enhanced hardware and software capabilities at India Ke Liye completely honest prices. It is the complete smartphone for all Indians.”
What are the variants of the new Micromax IN 1 and their respective prices?
The Micromax In 1 is launched in two variants, 4GB + 64GB and 6GB+128GB. The price of each variant is as follows.
- Price of 4GB + 64GB variant: ₹ 10,499
- Price of 6GB+128GB variant: ₹ 11,999
The smartphone will sport the following two colours, Purple and Blue.
When can you buy the new Micromax IN 1 and where?
The Micromax In 1 will be available for the first sale on March 26, 2021, at 12 PM. You can buy it exclusively on micromaxinfo.com and Flipkart. The company will also release an introductory offer for a limited period as long as the stock lasts. In this offer, you can get the smartphone at a discount of ₹500.
The best part about the phone is that its major components are manufactured within the country to consolidate the objective of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’. The display and camera quality with AI integration is just amazing. However, we had expected 5G connectivity considering the evolving requirements. However, considering the price point, the IN 1 might re-establish the company’s position in the Indian market.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.