With the rise of good and popular games – single player or multiplayer – game streaming has become one of the biggest entertainment mediums. There are a number of ways to stream games, but YouTube Gaming is one of the easier and well-known platforms for it. You can either upload your game streaming videos on the YouTube or do a live streaming. To stream a game without difficulties you need the following things – a good PC, high-speed broadband internet, an encoder program (OBS or XSplit Broadcaster), and most importantly a verified YouTube account.
You can download the encoder programs for Windows or MacOS or Linux from the internet. OBS and XSplit Broadcaster are free and are easy to use. To start streaming you would need to verify your YouTube account. Follow these steps to verify your YouTube account:
- If you have an account, sign in to YouTube. If you don’t have an account, you can simply make one by following the details on the Create an account page.
- After signing in, go to YouTube.com/verify.
- Here, you will be given the option to choose your country.
- Enter your phone number and then you can click on submit.
- After that, you will be asked to receive a voice message or text message for verification.
- Once the text or voice message arrives, it will carry a verification code. Enter the code in the required space and click on submit.
After your account have been verified you would need a good computer, internet connection, a webcam (optional) and good gaming skills. If you do not know how to use an encoder, you can stream live using YouTube without an encoder. For that, you need to have Chrome Web Browser as YouTube has made it easier to stream using Chrome. However, you can only stream videos taken from a webcam and audio from a microphone. Here are the steps by which you can stream live on YouTube:
- Go to your main YouTube account and then go to the Creator Studio page.
- Click on the camera icon with the ‘+’ icon.
- After that, click Go Live.
- Once it is done, you will be asked to provide Chrome to access to your webcam and microphone. Then you need to click Allow.
- After that, you need to enter the title and description for your stream and then click on Next.
- Click Go Live and you will be live on the platform
- Once the streaming is done, click END STREAM to end the live stream.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.