The ICC Men’s T20 Cricket World Cup is underway and has already seen some thrilling matches and gigantic upsets. In India, the broadcasting rights for the T20 World Cup have been awarded to Star Sports, and you can catch the live action on any of their multiple dedicated channels. For those who have gotten rid of their cable service and set-top boxes and switched entirely to streaming, there are a couple of ways you can watch the World Cup on your PC, laptop, or Smart TV. In this article, we bring you free and paid ways to watch the ICC Men’s T20 Cricket World Cup online.
Read Also: How to apply and get Airtel 5G? Things to know
Use the Disney+ Hotstar app
Disney+ Hotstar is the official online broadcaster of the ICC Men’s T20 Cricket World Cup in India. If you’re trying to stream the WC matches online, using Hotstar is the only legitimate way of going about it. Disney+ Hotstar’s subscription is very moderately priced in India, in comparison to other countries. There are currently two subscription plans offered by Disney+ Hotstar in India, Super and Premium. The differences between the two plans are the number of screens (2 for Super, 4 for Premium), video quality (1080p for Super, 4k for Premium), and a completely adless experience offered by Premium.
- Annual Disney+ Hotstar Super package: Rs 899
- Annual Disney+ Hotstar Premium package: Rs 1,499
- Monthly Disney+ Hotstar Premium package: Rs 299
How to watch the T20 Cricket World Cup on Hotstar for free
If you do not wish to pay a subscription fee for Hotstar, you can still watch the T20 Cricket World Cup on it for free. Firstly, Disney+ Hotstar lets you watch 5 minutes of free coverage before putting the content behind the paywall. While this isn’t certainly ideal, it can come in handy if you want to watch the last five minutes of a match.
If you do not want to pay for the Disney+ Hotstar subscription, there is a way you can get it for free. Certain network providers have special mobile data plans that come with a free Disney+ Hotstar subscription package. Here are some of the popular plans available right now.
Airtel has some of the most affordable data plans that come with a free Disney+ Hotstar subscription. Here is the detailed list.
- Rs 181: Disney+ Hotstar Subscription for 3 months + 1GB/day for 30 days.
- Rs 399: Disney+ Hotstar Subscription for 3 months + 2.5GB/day for 28 days.
- Rs 499: Disney+ Hotstar Subscription for 1 year + 2GB/day for 28 days.
- Rs 599: Disney+ Hotstar Subscription for 1 year + 3GB/day for 28 days.
- Rs 839: Disney+ Hotstar Subscription for 3 months + 2GB/day for 84 days.
- Rs 2,999: Disney+ Hotstar Subscription for 1 year + 2GB/day for 365 days.
- Rs 3,359: Disney+ Hotstar Subscription for 1 year + 2.5GB/day for 365 days.
Jio’s pricing isn’t as competitive as Airtel‘s, but it offer’s an entire year’s Disney+ Hotstar subscription.
- Rs 1,499: Disney+ Hotstar Subscription for 1 year + 2GB/day for 84 days.
- Rs 4,199: Disney+ Hotstar Subscription for 1 year + 3GB/day for 365 days.
The semi-finals and final of the T20 World Cup will also be aired on Doordarshan, where they can be watched for free.
Read Also: How to Bypass Google Lock or Verify PIN After Factory Reset
This is how you can watch the ICC Men’s T20 Cricket World Cup online for free. Some data plans also offer free subscriptions to other OTT apps like Amazon Prime and Voot as well. You can also use free apps like Cricbuzz and CricHeroes to keep up with the live scorecards of any ongoing matches.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.