Social networking giant Facebook has revamped its ‘Life Events’ feature. The updated feature can now include photos and videos of other people or pages tagged. To be more specific, till now you could only share your life events such as getting a new job or announcing your engagement on Facebook, and going forward you will be able to spruce up these posts with images and videos relating to the life event too.
With its Life Event feature, Facebook attempts to make its users’ digital life similar to real life. As Product Manager of Facebook David Harris puts it, “Just as they are in real life, life events on Facebook are distinguished from other everyday moments. To ensure these moments stand out, even more, we’re redesigning this feature to give you more ways to commemorate your life events and help your friends see these important milestones”. He further added, “The photos and videos in your post also include subtle animations, like slowly zooming in. Just as before, when you create a new life event, you can include an icon to represent your update.”
In case you don’t have an image for a particular life event, you would be able to select from a plethora of artwork on Facebook to share in your post.
The feature would be soon available in iOS, Android and Desktop. For those who don’t know how to create a life event on Facebook, here’s how to do it:
- Go to your profile and click on ‘Whats on your mind?’. Then select Life Event from options underneath.
- A list of life event categories would appear for you to choose from. They are Work and Education, Family and Relationships, Home and Living, Health and Wellness, Travel and Experiences. Select the life event you wish to share on Facebook.
- This opens up a text field and a space for adding pictures. You would be able to choose from animated art on Facebook or from pictures in your camera roll.
- Following this, write a description of your choice.
- You can choose whom you want to show the Life Event with the help of the privacy button on the social networking platform.
- Click on save and the event would be added to your timeline and it will also get automatically shared on your friends’ news feed unless you opt to otherwise
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel.