Microsoft Forms is an online survey creator under the Office 365 Suite. It is a useful tool to create surveys and quizzes with an automatic marking feature.
How are Microsoft Forms useful?
Microsoft Forms serves a variety of purposes like conducting a quiz in school, taking a survey in an event, or getting bio-data of employees.
How can you create a survey or a poll on Microsoft Forms?
To create a survey or a poll on Microsoft Forms, follow these steps.
- Go to the website of Microsoft Forms (https://www.office.com/launch/forms?auth=1).
- Click New Form.
- Give a title to your form and click Add New.
- Select the type of query that you wish to add to your survey. You will get the following four types to choose from.
- Choice: The user will get the question in MCQ format.
- Text: The user will be required to give a subjective answer.
- Rating: The user can assign a rating to the element you mention.
- Date: The user will be required to enter a date.
- Once you choose the desired type, enter your question. It must be noted that for the Choice-based questions, you will have to mention the options apart from the question. You may add as many options as you wish. If you think that a choice-based question may have multiple answers, toggle the Multiple answers on. You may even shuffle the options by clicking the three dots and choosing Shuffle options.
- You may assign a particular question as compulsory to be answered by the user by toggling the Required on.
- To add a new question, just click Add New.
- You may duplicate a question by clicking the question that you wish to copy and click the Copy question button located on the top. To delete a delete, click the Trash icon.
Once you have typed all your questions, you can arrange them in the desired order by clicking a question and moving it using the direction buttons.
How can you share your completed survey?
To preview and share your completed survey, follow these steps.
- Before you share your survey, you must preview it to know how it will appear to the recipients. You may preview your form by clicking the Preview button located on the top-right.
- To share your form, click the Send button located in the top-right corner.
- Choose the method by which you wish to share your survey. You will get four options to choose from.
- Link: You may copy the link and share it on different platforms.
- QR code: You may download the QR code to share it on different platforms. The recipients may access the survey by scanning it through their smartphone or tablet’s camera
- Embed code: The entire survey converts into an HTML element that can be inserted into your code block.
- Email: This option launches your Mail app with the form copied to the body of your email. You may send it to the desired recipient as an email.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.